Interlibrary loans and purchase suggestions
You can request interlibrary loans for works that are not available in Kirkes libraries. We also take suggestions for purchases.
If you cannot find the work you are looking for in Kirkes libraries, you can order it for a fee as an interlibrary loan from elsewhere in Finland or abroad.
How interlibrary loans work:
- Fill in the interlibrary loan request form in Webropol (in Finnish)
- You can also fill in the form in the library. Include as much information as possible about the desired work
- Interlibrary loans are borrowed and returned through Kerava library
- You will be notified when your interlibrary loan is available for pick-up
- Interlibrary loans can be picked up from the reservation shelf in Uutistori and borrowed in the normal way at the loan machine or customer service desk.
- Interlibrary loans are subject to a fee. See the prices on the Library fees page.
Interlibrary loan service for other libraries
- The library sends loans and copies free of charge to other Finnish libraries
- Interlibrary loan requests can be made either in Kirkes-Finna or by email to the library’s interlibrary service
Before you make a suggestion, check the online library to see if the work has already been ordered or is available.
Purchase suggestions can be made:
- in person at the library
- by email at: email@example.com or
- by filling in the suggestion form in Webropol. Go to the form (in Finnish).
The library is happy to accept suggestions for purchases, but unfortunately it is not possible for us to obtain all requested works.